LISTEN: Wisdom of the Body Podcast
My good friend and colleague, Heather Grzych, invited me on to her Wisdom of the Body podcast where we had a great conversation on the various ways we can nurture ourselves and be nurtured through Ayurveda and Ayurvedic bodywork.
Ayurveda is not only about the food you eat. It encompasses so much more, including self care, herbalism, yoga, massage practices to heal and balance the doshas and the spiritual self, and even yoni steaming.
In this episode we discuss:
- Supportive healing touch
- Spiritual suffering
- Connecting to the divine
- Healing imbalances before they become a disease
- Body therapies to aid digestion
- Body therapies to help you sleep
- Abhyanga and shirodhara
- Self massage vs clinical massages
- How oil is used to balance vata dosha
- How body workers must care for themselves in order to be of good service to their clients
- How the environment and intention of body work with a therapist serves in the healing process
- Benefits of yoni steaming, or vaginal steaming
- The benefits of allowing someone else to do some of the work for you
Disclaimer: Content on this website in no way constitutes medical advice and is for educational purposes only. Site content is not intended to replace medical care, diagnose nor treat any medical condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed medical provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You’re also advised to consult with your medical doctor before changing your diet or lifestyle. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it as a result of your use of this site’s content.