Seeking more energy and well-being in your life?
As a Board-Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, Clinical Herbalist, Yoga + Meditation Instructor, Licensed Massage + Bodywork Therapist (NC #15172), and Integrative Health Coach, I help those looking for skillful nature-based, mind-body guidance to self-healing.
Each of us is on this planet to share our unique talents and gifts, but one of the biggest distractions to fulfilling that purpose is feeling rundown, fatigued, emotional discomfort or physical pain.
No matter how big or small your reach, no matter the approach you take to impacting others’ lives— whether it be running an organization, starting a business or being an amazing parent— without energy or a sense of ease within your own body, it’s pretty challenging to show up as your best self.
The solution is a return to living in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
That’s what the profound science of Ayurveda teaches, and that is exactly what I help you to do … despite the obstacles in our busy, modern-day lives.
Born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina with influence from my family’s roots in neighboring York, South Carolina, my passion for natural wellness rises out of a family legacy of Spirit-led farmers, folk herbalists and amazing home cooks. This legacy inspired me to create the award-winning food blog FlavorDiva.com where from 2008 to 2011 I shared original recipes and chronicled my culinary journey in reclaiming the legacy of the great home cook.
During that time, I also immersed myself in wellness studies while living in the Washington, D.C. area by completing a 200-hour yoga teacher training with Faith Hunter, intensively studying bellydance as a performing—and yes—healing art, and beginning formal study of Ayurveda and herbalism in 2011 through the California College of Ayurveda.
Since then, I completed an Integrative Health Coach training through Duke Integrative Medicine in Durham, NC (2012), moved back to Charlotte in 2014, and graduated from the California College of Ayurveda’s academic program (2013), Ayurvedic Health Practitioner internship (2013) and Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist internship (2015).
I also became a licensed massage and bodywork therapist in the state of North Carolina (license #15172) certified in Ayurvedic massage and body therapies, worked at the Art of Living Retreat Center’s Shankara Ayurvedic spa in Boone, NC (2017), and worked for over two years as membership manager for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (2015-2018).
For me, the call to natural health didn’t come from a health crisis or debilitating disease, but from a love of nature itself and the desire to know the root cause of any discomfort I’ve ever had.
Ayurveda provided an explanation.
Ayurveda is a 5,000+ year old natural healing system that addresses all aspects of health — mind, body and spirit. This sister science of yoga and cousin of Chinese medicine was developed and documented in India, yet its wisdom applies to all and is just as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago.
Within Ayurveda, I find the folk healing wisdom of my grandparents and great grandparents, as well as an ancient explanation for health practices that are just now being promoted by modern science.
Let’s Work Together
Here’s How →
- Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner (National Ayurvedic Medical Association Certification Board)
- Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, California College of Ayurveda (2015)
- Ayurvedic Health Practitioner & Educator, California College of Ayurveda (2013)
- Ayurvedic Massage & Bodywork Therapist, California College of Ayurveda (2015)
- 300-hr Yoga Teacher in Ayur-Therapeutics, Harmony Yoga & Ayurveda (2020)
- 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher, Faith Hunter Yoga and Yoga Alliance (2010)
- 85-hr Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher, Seattle Holistic Center and Yoga Alliance (2011)
- Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapist (NC #15172)
- Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program, Duke Integrative Medicine (2012)
- Ayurvedic Body Therapies Training & Employment with Shankara Ayurveda Spa at Art of Living Retreat Center (2017 – 2018)
- Ongoing study and mentorship with various teachers in Ayurveda, herbalism, and bodywork including K.P. Khalsa / International Integrative Educational Institute, Todd Caldecott / Dogwood School of Botanical Medicine, Kerala Ayurveda Academy, and Dr. Claudia Welch.
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Massage Therapist, Nurturing the Mother Certification (2015)
- Vaginal Steam Facilitator, Peristeam Hydrotherapy Institute (2018)
- Abdominal Therapy for Professionals / Arvigo Techniques I (Anterior) (2022)
- Abdominal Therapy for Professionals / Arvigo Techniques II (Posterior) (2022)
- Abdominal Therapy for Professionals / Arvigo Techniques III (Pregnancy / Postpartum) (2022)
- Reiki I Practitioner, Ashakti Wellness (2018)
- Reiki II Practitioner, Ashakti Wellness (2021)
- M.A., Media & Public Affairs, The George Washington University
- B.S., Business Administration-Marketing, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- B.A., Journalism & Mass Communication, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Passionate about health and wellness, Tesia Love is a multi-faceted holistic health practitioner committed to helping others achieve their best health, and thereby their highest potential. She offers her clients an integrated approach to wellbeing through her training and practice as an Ayurvedic Practitioner, health coach, and massage therapist (LMBT NC#15172).
With over 15 years of experience in marketing and communications in the nonprofit and corporate sectors, Tesia worked as membership manager for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association for nearly three years after having served as a volunteer for two. Tesia has also worked at top spas, including as an Ayurvedic bodywork therapist at Shankara Ayurveda Spa / Art of Living Retreat Center in Boone, NC.
Tesia is a graduate of the California College of Ayurveda, Duke Integrative Medicine’s Integrative Health Coach professional training, Therapeutic Massage Training Institute, and numerous other wellness trainings. She earned a master’s degree from The George Washington University and bachelor’s degrees from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Charlotte.