LISTEN: The Herbal Highway Show
Today, I had the opportunity to speak with Sarah Holmes of The Herbal Highway radio show and podcast on KPFA 94.1 FM (Berkeley, CA). We discussed the Ayurvedic approach to relieving fatigue and chronic stress. Take a listen and me know what you think in the comments below!
- 1:30 – My background and relationship with plants
- 4:38 – Advice for people living in urban areas to maintain a connection with nature
- 7:40 – Origins and what is Ayurveda?
- 9:42 – What drew me to study Ayurveda?
- 12:00 – Why fatigue and chronic stress is so significant
- 13:05 – What gets in the way of eating well?
- 14:10 – The Ayurvedic approach: 5-element and tri-dosha theory
- 17:25 – How to balance vata dosha
- 19:35 – How to overcome the challenge of living in a vata-aggravating society
- 33:49 – Herbs for fatigue and chronic stress
- 44:30 – How to get started with Ayurveda
- 48:44 – Foods and body oriented practices to balance vata dosha
- 56:20 – Western Herbs that can help with fatigue and chronic stress
Disclaimer: Content on this website in no way constitutes medical advice and is for educational purposes only. Site content is not intended to replace medical care, diagnose nor treat any medical condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed medical provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You’re also advised to consult with your medical doctor before changing your diet or lifestyle. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it as a result of your use of this site’s content.