Are you purpose-centered and seeking more wellbeing and energy in your life?
As a Clinical Ayurveda Specialist (aka nutrition educator, herbalist, aromatherapist, private yoga teacher, and health coach all rolled into one), I help purpose-centered women have the energy and vitality they need to leave their mark and enjoy life fully.
Each of us is on this planet to share our unique talents and gifts, but one of the biggest distractions to fulfilling that purpose is feeling rundown, fatigued, emotional discomfort or physical pain.
No matter how big or small your reach, no matter the approach you take to impacting others’ lives— whether it be running an organization, starting a business or being an amazing parent— without energy or a sense of ease within your own body, it’s pretty challenging to show up as your best self.
The solution is a return to living in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
That’s what the ancient science of Ayurveda teaches, and that is exactly what I help you to do … despite the obstacles in our busy, modern-day lives.
Born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina with influence from my family’s roots in neighboring York, South Carolina, my passion for natural wellness rises out of a family legacy of Spirit-led farmers, folk herbalists and amazing home cooks. This legacy inspired me to create the award-winning food blog FlavorDiva.com where from 2008 to 2011 I shared original recipes and chronicled my culinary journey in reclaiming the legacy of the great home cook.
During this time, I also immersed myself in wellness studies while living in the Washington, D.C. area by completing a 200-hour yoga teacher training with Faith Hunter, intensively studying bellydance as a performing—and yes—healing art, and beginning formal study of Ayurveda and herbalism in 2011 through the California College of Ayurveda.
Since then, I moved back to Charlotte, completed an Integrative Health Coach training through Duke Integrative Medicine in Durham, NC and graduated from the California College of Ayurveda’s academic program, Ayurvedic Health Practitioner internship and Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist internship.
I also became a licensed massage and bodywork therapist in the state of North Carolina (license #15172) certified in Ayurvedic massage and body therapies.
For me, the call to natural health didn’t come from a health crisis or debilitating disease, but from a love of nature itself and the desire to know the root cause of any discomfort I’ve ever had.
Ayurveda provided an explanation.
Ayurveda is a 5,000+ year old natural healing system that addresses all aspects of health — mind, body and spirit. This sister science of yoga and cousin of Chinese medicine was developed and documented in India, yet its wisdom applies to all and is just as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago.
Within Ayurveda, I find the folk healing wisdom of my grandparents and great grandparents, as well as an ancient explanation for health practices that are just now being promoted by modern science.
Let’s Work Together
Here’s How →
- Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner (National Ayurvedic Medical Association Certification Board) with over 2,000 hours of training in Ayurvedic theory, clinical practice, herbal formulation and body therapies.
- Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, California College of Ayurveda (2015)
- Ayurvedic Health Practitioner & Educator, California College of Ayurveda (2013)
- 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher, Faith Hunter Yoga and Yoga Alliance (2010)
- 85-hr Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher, Seattle Holistic Center and Yoga Alliance (2011)
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Massage Therapist, Nurturing the Mother Certification (2015)
- Ayurvedic Massage & Bodywork Therapist, California College of Ayurveda (2015)
- Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapist (NC #15172)
- Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program, Duke Integrative Medicine (2012)
- M.A., Media & Public Affairs, The George Washington University
- B.S., Business Administration-Marketing, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- B.A., Journalism & Mass Communication, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Professional Member, National Ayurvedic Medical Association
- General Member, American Herbalists Guild
- Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance